In the United States alone, 550 million empty shampoo bottles are thrown away every year, enough to fill 1,164 football fields. This number does not include conditioner, body wash or other bathing products – only shampoo bottles.
In the United Kingdom, meanwhile, there are 520 million plastic bottles. Consumed worldwide every year 1,4 milijard disposable body wash bottles. This number is based on an average of 6 bottles of body wash per year, excluding shampoo or conditioner bottles.
As the world’s population grows (the number of people on the planet is projected to reach 8.6 billion in 2030), these numbers will also only increase.
2016 Euromonitor census data show that only 50% of all plastic bottles are collected for recycling and only 7% of those bottles are actually recycled into new bottles. While we feel much better throwing something in a sorting container rather than in the trash, the sad reality is that these products often end up in the same place.
Did you know that You can help reduce waste from plastic bottles too?
You just can:
- Replace liquid soap, shower gel, or shampoo with solid soap or shampoo. There are many creators in Lithuania that produce handcrafted soaps with natural ingredients. It is a luxury at hand – handcrafted natural soap instead of a mass-produced product in a plastic bottle. Sounds good, right?
- Replace liquid products packaging with reusable dispensers that adorn the interior of your home, and can be supplemented with coconut-based soap flakes– free of animal fats, mineral oils, parabens and SLES.
This option shoots “multiple bunnies in one shot”:
- You won’t have to pay for plastic packaging when you buy a new top-up;
- There is no plastic waste left because soap packaging is usually made of paper or recycled paper and can be sorted or decomposed naturally;
- The dispenser decorates the interior – currently there is a really large selection of dispensers in stores, both in terms of color and materiality. So you can find the right one for all your tastes and interiors;
- The skin enjoys a natural cleanser – the handmade soaps we sell are made in Lithuania using natural oils and dried herbs, self-grown or harvested, and seasoned from the most remote corners of the country from the lavender fields of rural Provence to the Indian cinnamon groves. tropical islands overgrown with palm trees. These ingredients are carefully selected for their beneficial properties: protection of the skin from the environment, moisturizing, nourishing, rejuvenating, firming. The addition of 100% natural essential oils gives the soap a delicate aroma and properties for healthy skin.
– Soap is natural and safe for humans and the environment.
– The materials from which the soaps are made are of the highest quality.
– You will not find dyes, synthetic fragrances, preservatives or other harmful ingredients in the soap.
So maybe you should try replacing one plastic bottle of shower gel with an environmentally friendly, body-friendly natural soap shampoo or soap flakes?
Let’s change habits together.